#000 Jens Reulecke : Production of SpacePosted: July 28, 2011
production of space is a performative site-specific installation, curated by Samuel W. Kho, Allthingsproject, New York, NY
1. driven by – Thursday, September 15th, 8:00 p.m.
2. a single movement – Saturday, September 17th, 8:00 p.m.
3. a discourse on space / strange possibilities – Thursday, September 22nd, 8:00 p.m.
4. movement, rhythm, speed – Saturday, September 24th, 8:00 p.m.
5. folding spaces into others – Thursday, September 29th, 8:00 p.m.
6. Artists reception of PRODUCTION OF SPACE – Saturday, October 1st, 8:00 p.m.
production of space is about:
– creating a less regulated reality in the midst of an highly regulated environment
– relation and process
– entering, observing, exploring experiencing, building bridges,
inviting people, cooperating
– communication via lecture-performances
– a single movement
“I am bringing people together. Artists and participants gather experiences while interacting with one another. Our platform is New York City. Entering public space activates our imagination to the point where transformation occurs, resulting in spaces of opportunities. Sharing these realities with the public inside and outside the gallery allows each person to receive unique perspectives, born right out of our known life with its various realities.
As in my recent sculpture, a tower assembled of architectural elements unfolds and carries a person further up and inside. A transformation implementing a shift from monumental images to luminescent shapes.”
269 Bleecker Street
New York, NY 10014
Between Sixth and Seventh Avenues
(Subway A,C, E, B,D,F,M – West 4/ 1, Christopher St.)